Thursday, August 13, 2009

You CAN get it done, when you have a Round TUIT charm or pendant

This 16mm fine silver charm has a long history, even though it was just finished today. When I was little, my dad carried around a wooden nickel in his pocket with the word "TUIT" stamped on it in red ink. When I'd say I'd get around to cleaning my room, he'd pull it out. "Now you have one, go ahead and do it, " he'd say, laughing. I miss his smile and the twinkle in his eyes when he was pulling my leg.

The highest-hitting post on my blog is about having a round TUIT. I posted the graphic, and people hit on it off of Google like crazy. So I figured that people everywhere are looking for a round TUIT, and I thought I'd make one available in fine silver. This charm is fashioned from PMC silver, which starts as recycled silver in an organic clay binder. When fired in a kiln, it becomes pure silver metal. This one has a particularly rustic finish, and is oxidized with liver of sulfur. I can remake it with a brushed or shiny silver finish, with or without oxidation. This one will be an open edition, as everyone needs a ROUND TUIT.

I can create a bracelet or a necklace, or even mount this to a bookmark, so you can read that book you've been putting off, or a hair stick. The sky's the limit. If you'd like a custom order, please convo me. I can also make pairs of these into earrings, if you'd like.

1 comment:

Angeloco said...

Great idea, Laura. Love it.
Barb