Thursday, April 7, 2011

Concepts and photo shoots and fashion shows, oh MY!

It's been a busy month. Building your own business takes a lot of effort and time, not to mention building technical skills and finding a niche. I've been very pleased to have found a great circle of creative talent, here in Jacksonville! They're very active and pursuing new venues and looks while building their own businesses as well. I'm having such a great time!

My friend Christy at Christy Whitehead Photography invited me to be part of an innovative photo shoot at a new wedding venue just outside of Jacksonville -- with a big red barn, a covered bridge, and lots of farm equipment to boot. What a thrill! This down-the-back piece was designed just for that event. It features genuine chandelier crystals and wire wrapped focals as a stunning exclamation point for an open-backed dress.

Another fun event this month was the Jacksonville "Relay for Life" Fashion show, hosted by Sarah Dial Photography and The Majestic Planner. You can see photos from the fashion show in this album on Facebook. I was paired with designer Robyn Crews of Reused422 and designed necklace sets to go with her super cute rompers and casual fashions. What fun! We had a night of glamorous fashion to raise funds ($1500!) for the Relay for Life drive with the American Cancer Society. I was there remembering my dad, who died in 2006 from aggressive lung cancer that spread throughout his body, and my grandmother, who died of cancer in 2001.

Last but not least, Bethany Walker of Mady Joe Photography asked to use some of my pieces for a Bridal shoot at the Casa Monica Hotel in St. Augustine's historic district. How could I refuse!! Take a look at her beautiful images here , here, and here. I'll try to post some when I get a chance. WHEW!! Now that I have a chance to breathe, I think I'll work on some pieces that I've been ruminating on for a while...

No comments: